I periodically watch live-action and animated films. Below is a list of upcoming and completed reviews. Please note that for films that I decided to review in short-form, are placed in the “Completed Movies” section.
Movies to Watch
I’ll be listing movies I intend to watch in this section.
- The Sorcerer and the White Snake
- Chain of Fools (2000)
- A Night at McCool’s (2001)
- Quick Change (1990)
- The Couch Trip (1988)
Watched but not Reviewed
Self-explanatory… I will get around to reviewing these films sometime in the future.
- Venom (2018)
- Kentucky Fried Movie
- Gintama: Shinyaku Benizakura-hen
- The Hateful Eight
Here, you’ll find short-form reviews of movies I have watched.
- Rampage (2018) [Verdict: When three canisters of mutagenic material from a space station fall to the earth after an accident, a former military guy working with primates finds that his best buddy, a smart ass gorilla, has started growing at an unprecedented rate. As the three products of the experiment grow larger, grow more aggressive and develop other odd traits, they are drawn to Chicago by the mega-corporation that created the experiment for an epic showdown of daikaiju proportions. Awesome and fun stuff even if some of the movie was quite silly.]
- Upgrade (2018) [Verdict: When I first saw the trailers for this film more than a year ago, I was excited. Alas, about all the film had to go for it were the gory action sequences. The plot was weak, with telegraphed twists and a host of baffling moments. It was a huge letdown, with easily rectified problems.]
- Meg (2018) [Verdict: One of the numerous prehistoric shark movies, this is one of the better films featuring a megalodon as the main threat. Good technology design, even if the plot overlooked a bunch of things. However, the film still managed to be quite entertaining.]
- The Mist (2007) [Verdict: Steven King’s The Mist is a little long in the tooth but manages to hold up pretty well considering. The good casting and use of effects both CG and otherwise, manage to do a great job of drawing the viewer into the odd drama occurring inside of a supermarket after a military experiment creates a portal to another dimension allowing horrific monsters to enter this world. Even the stupid ending seemed to go with the theme of humans being their own worst enemies.]
Completed Movie Reviews
You’ll find links to my long-form reviews of films in this section.
- Dredd [USA – Science Fiction Action 2012]
- American Ultra [USA – Action Comedy 2015]
- Buck [USA – documentary 2011]
- Operation: Endgame [USA – Action Thriller Comedy 2010]
- The A-Team [USA – Action Comedy 2010]
- The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus [USA – Fantasy Psychological Comedy Drama 2009]
- The Spirit [USA – Pulp Action 2008]
- The Man Who Could Work Miracles [UK – Fantasy Drama Comedy 29138]