In line with the current series of prompts, today’s theme is “yellow”. Yellow offers a diversity of thoughts of ideas. Like a lot of the ideas springing forth from the current series, the ideas surrounding “yellow” are often contradictory in nature. It brings to mind thoughts of the sun and morning as well as cowardice. It is energy and summer and pus from the body’s immune system as it seeks to deal with a possible infection. Please note that I decided to use the title prompt of “yellow badges” to show a stark contrast between the positive association with this colour.
- Text prompts: Summer, Sun, Sand, Gold, Brass, Lemon, Sunflowers, Desert, Custard, Vanilla Pudding, Egg Yolk, Banana, Yellow brick road, Cowardice, Happy, Mischief, Sunflower, Daffodil, Yellow Carnation, Canary
- Title prompts: Yellow Pages, Yellow Badge (Naziism), Yellow River (place)
- Quote prompts: “I really just want to be warm yellow light that pours over everyone I love.” Conor Oberst quote, “Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun.” Pablo Picasso quote, “I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don’t know where it’s going to lead me, but I follow it.” Grace Jones quote, “Yellow usually mean it’s not that serious.” Bobby Unser quote, courtesy of BrainyQuote
- Article prompts: Yellow (colour) at wikipedia + Top 25 Most Yellow Flowers at StyleCraze
- Audio prompts: Yellow [film clip] by Coldplay, Summer Vibe (original) [film clip] by Walk Off the Earth, Summer of our Lives by Jara from Basorexia, Rock Star by Michael Ellis from The Complexity of Things, Shine Your Light by Robert Avellanet from Heart & Soul, Stereosun by ProleteR from Rookie EP
- Visual prompts: Instead of posting links, I have a few things that I’d like you to do. The first is to experience a sunrise. The second is think of the word “yellow” and visualise in detail the first thing that comes to mind. The third is to visualise a moment when you can truly say that you were happy. The fourth is to consider a moment when you’ve been frozen by fear.
That should give you guys something to work with. Be sure to post in the comments section if you can think of anything else linked to the theme, whether it be a song or a quote or a bird. Best of luck with your creative endeavours!