It is the third day in our series on colours. Today, the theme is “blue”, the third part in the RGB colour model. This colour has likely already brought to mind numerous ideas. We often think of water, the sky, feeling “blue” when we are down, and the colour often evokes a sense of calm. On top of the prompts, I would encourage you to spend time looking at the sky and a body of water if possible.
- Text prompts: Ocean, Water (the blue of water is typically a reflection rather than the actual colour of water), Sky, Liquid, Depression, Indigo, Cobalt, Navy, Azure, Baby blues, blueprint, Sapphire, Blue Diamond, Ice Blue
- Title prompts: The Moody Blues (British Band), Moody Blue (1977 album), Blue (British Boy Band), Blue Moon (song), Island of the Blue Dolphins (book)
- Quote prompts:”It took me three weeks to write ‘Rhapsody in Blue.’ I had always wanted to write something blue and Paul Whiteman inspired.” George Gershwin quote, “Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.” L. Frank Baum quote, “The little windflower, whose just eye opened is blue as the spring heaven it gazes at.” William C. Bryant quote, “There is no blue without yellow and without orange.” Vincent Van Gough quote, courtesy of BrainyQuote
- Article prompts: Blue (colour) + Shades of Blue + Blue Moon + Blue Mountains (region) at Wikipedia
- Audio prompts: Paddle Easy by The Whalers from Paddle Easy + Tranquility by TheVicious from The Beginning + Liquid Blue by the.madpix.project
- Visual prompts: Fluorite From Iran (L.E.D. light) [photo] by bmah, Foggy Mountains by oboeteru, A little lake… (photo) by Bjorn3009, at Deviantart
I hope that the prompts for this theme help you either flesh out an idea or seed something meaningful. If you have any other words, articles, audio or art that you think fits well into this theme, feel free to post in the comments section. Best of luck with your creative endeavours!