It has been a few weeks since my last update. I was meaning to post earlier, but delayed it due to my birthday last week and several other happenings. I did receive a couple of wonderful books as presents, a kindle version of Infinity Rising Book 2 by Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff (love the cover!) and a paperback version of Ave Judas by Cassian Brown (new book smell… *hugs book*).
The following is a list of the books I’ve read and reviewed since my last update:
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (04/30/2012)
- The Call of the Wild by Jack London (05/04/2012)
- Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen (05/07/2012)
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (05/11/2012)
- The Best Fantasy Stories of the Year, 1989 by Orson Scott Card (Editor) (05/21/2012)
- Contact by Carl Sagan (05/24/2012)
- Genetic Attraction by Tara Lain (05/30/2012)
The following books are on my reading list for June in planned order of :
- Fuzzy Nation (audiobook) by John Scalzi (I will finish this tomorrow morning, and move on to the Lit2Go audio version of The Prince by Nicollo Machiavelli while exercising]
- Baxter Mariah (paperback) by Cassian Brown
- Infinity Book 1 (kindle) by Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff
- The Precipice (paperback) by Virgina Duigan [challenge book for Miles Franklin portion of the Aussie Readers June Reading Challenge]
- Ave Judas (paperback) by Cassian Brown
- Infinity Book 2 by (kindle) Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff
- The Prince (Lit2Go audio) by Nicollo Machiavelli
- Tales of Terror & Mystery (Lit2Go) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle [challenge book for classic books portion of the Aussie Readers June Reading Challenge]
Yep, I have 8 books on my reading list this month. I will be listening to the audiobooks while exercising, which will free up my non-exercise and chores time for reading ebooks and paper editions. I guess we’ll see how successful I am with knocking off the titles in this list by the time that July comes around. Either way, I have some awesome books lined up for the rest of the month. ❤
I’ve spent the last month world-building, fleshing out characters and working on the plot on some stories set on a fantasy world called Lurra. Its been a worthy endeavor, during which I have developed a rather unusual religious from previous settings. It still need quite a bit of work, but I am quite happy with the progress so far. I wanted a world that could stand on its own and I think I am on the right track. Fingers crossed!
Last week, I started thinking of some old manuscripts I worked on early last year.
- Artemis Chronicles: The story about an elven warrior dimension-shifted to a high science space-faring setting.
- SAL35-XJ7: The story of a baby mutated while in the womb of her scientist parents.
- The female protagonist, Lyndal, reveals her telekinetic powers to her boyfriend after he gives her an ultimatum during her attempt to break up with him
- Brian, Lyndal’s boyfriend, betrays her to the organization that he works for, one that he mistakenly believes has moral inclinations
- Lion’s Head is an low budget organization working against the organization that Brian works for. They have several teams that intercept targets charged with capture by the Company
- Our male protagonist, Sam Peterson, works for Lion’s Head. He has difficulty maintaining long-term relationships for numerous reasons, but he is an all-round nice guy
HEALTH & FITNESS
In the health front, I hit 55.4 kg last night. This is the result of many hours on the exercise bike listening to audiobooks and podcasts, on top of somewhat reasonable portions. It will be several months before I hit my sub-50 kg target, but I am already seeing muscle definition on my stomach and legs, the small amount of chin flab having disappeared around the 60 kg mark. I love seeing my efforts finally showing results, but I am still dealing with cravings of junk food, something that has created a challenge for keeping to a healthy diet. Anyway, I am still working towards that goal and will start posting details on my Exercise Diary page again, having stopped updates a couple of months ago.
OTHER THINGS OF NOTE
I posted the following playlists since the last World of Keiko update: