I awoke from an odd dream last night at 3 AM. It was replayed twice, but changed based on whether a child is left alone or saved. Our protagonist learns that a major illness is sweeping across the globe and that she must gather as many allies as possible for protection. In the first scenario, the child is forgotten and the kid’s uncle dies as a result of an attempted rescue, along with several other people who will be saved if our protagonist gets involved. In the second scenario, our protagonist (with some precognition) saves the child and goes to the bunker. In the time to come, the survivors will make runs to the outside world which is now plagued by zombies. They will soon learn that the protagonist is a powered mutant, able to cause those nasty zombies to internally combust by just one of her pyrokinetic gifts. In turn they will find others with unique powers as well, all the while trying to stop from being bitten or killed by the zombies.
- A single mutant created the first zombie, and is the main bad guy
- Zombies are quick, resilient, strong and will hunt a victim until the victim is dead or until the zombie is
- Zombies gain powers from their victims, and are especially attracted to the flesh of mutants. This is gained from blood ingestion
- It takes 5 days in the beginning for the plague to incubate, with the victim becoming more and more aggressive
- While there is one that started the outbreak, there is a single mythical mutant that can inoculate the populous, but he lives off on an island off of the coast of Santa Monica
- Mutants were around for centuries before the outbreak of the Muerte virus
- Mutant abilities range from minor gifts, to more global affects as the Muerte plague
- Mutants sometimes have peculiar traits, which range from weird hair color to scaled skin, psychosis to heighten senses, extreme luck to uncontrolled release of their powers
- The MC is a pyrokinetic
- The uncle of the child is going to be a a love interest for the MC once they work together for a bit. He is also ex-black ops
- The child, Ngairre, has the gift to sense zombies
Well, that is it for my notes so far. I mainly posted them here to keep track of them in a forum that has some accountability. I am not sure when I will start work on this one, as it will take some time for the idea to incubate to a point where it is worth beginning the writing process. If any of you have good suggestions of books and films to use as good research points, post in the comments sections and I will try to get to the media ASAP.