Hello again! I hope that you guys had a pleasant week.
Last week’s posts:
I would like to offer some shoutouts to some peeps that stopped by the blog this past week:
I didn’t spend a lot of time reading this past week due to being heavily engaged in writing. What I did read was related to what I am currently working on. That being said, I really hope that you guys check out the webnovel series I’m Not Your Female Lead over at WordExcerpt. Recent changes to the site have already seen changes to the offerings there, but I think that much of the material that Kitty Jiu is translating will survive many of the upcoming changes relating to licensing.
I have, however, taken a liking to the webtoon adaptation of the series Under the Oak Tree over the webnovel version in recent weeks. [as of this post, they are both WordExcerpt offerings] Whilst the webnovel is still quite readable, the sex scenes tend to be more drawn out, to the point where I often find my mind wandering off to some mark on the wall whilst reading. I find myself having little patience for lengthy sex scenes in literature these days. Perhaps it is because I find a solid character-focused story tends to be exponentially better than “the lewds”. And this is where I believe the webtoon adaptation of Under the Oak Tree does things better. I find the sex scenes more impactful because of the focus on the two socially-awkward individuals growing as a couple. It doesn’t rely on “the lewds” to do this, which makes the webtoon more charming than the webnovel it is adapted from. Here’s hoping that this continues because it would be a shame if the webtoon adaptation went off the rails.
Yes, Isekai and music-related material again this week.
This past week, I spent a lot of time listening to the following music:
- Quill (album) by Bison: It has been ages since I listened to this album, which is odd given how pleasant it is on the ears.
- Thanks in Advance (album) by Ollie Wride: I recall the excitement in the lead-up to the release of this NewRetroWave album last year. This sucker delivered big-time! You can find the album over at Bandcamp (album page).
- She Sings To Me (album) by David Krystal: Still one of the nicest easy listening albums that have out in the past decade. It is just a pity that most people are familiar with his music. You can download several of his albums for free over at Jamendo (artist page).
- Out of Body (album) by Dance With the Dead: Yep, some premium synthwave tracks on this sucker. No matter how many times I’ve listened to the album, it continues to light up the synapses in pleasant ways. You can find their music over at Bandcamp (artist page).
- Love (album) by Marina: sometimes joyful, sometimes bittersweet, this album is such a pleasure to listen to.
- In The Reverie (album) by Red Balloon
I listened to more pop and retrowave music this past week. It just seemed to fit with my overall mood.
On Monday afternoon, I went into the kitchen to get a drink. As I headed to the sink, talking to hubby over my shoulder, I heard a plonk in front of me. I quickly turned around to discover that a gecko had fallen directly on top of a scrubbing brush and was just sitting still, trying not to draw attention to itself. Geckos are such funny creatures and I find myself amused by their antics (sometimes accidents) even after decades of watching their behaviour. I stood there and watched it for a minute or two as it held it’s tilted its head in place to keep an eye on me. Then, I moved my hand towards it and the cute little body scurried away into the louvred windows. Even if I have to clean up gecko droppings, I will continue to appreciate these little creatures for decades to come.
Sorry about another week with very little posts. However, even on a slow week, I plan to post these updates to evaluate what I’ve been up to and to share any little stories about what happened the past week. Even if it is something small, this little habit of posting a weekly update helps keep my head in the game. Before I finish up this post for the week, I am curious as to what rituals/habits that you guys do in order to stay centred. Feel free to post in the comments. I leave you guys with the following lyric video by the group Joseph. I might have shared this one in the post but I think it fits with where my head is currently at. Until next week, take care!